Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Current project

My main project right now is redoing the Calendar of Events submission and admin system.  The old form was long and intimidating, while the admin side was clunky and annoying.  The underlying database is set up in a weird way, too, but I figured I would just have to work around that.  Turns out I probably would've been better off redoing the whole thing from scratch; as it is, I had to make several changes to the table structure, which means every place that displays events has to be changed to reflect that, which was exactly what I was trying to avoid by working with the existing database in the first place.  At least it's ready to go now.  Well, I'll still need to change some style elements and improve the client-side form validation, but that's not hard compared to the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment