Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Webserver changover delay

Well, as you know if you read your allfacstaff email, the webserver changeover has been postponed. This is essentially due to the administration's need to be free to post updates instantaneously; even an 18-hour delay (at the most) is too much for news about the negotiations and looming strike.

Maybe after this mess blows over we'll be able to get on with our jobs. I'm really having to bite my tongue about this whole strike business, at least in public like this; I feel stuck in the middle because I know people on both sides. It's all really frustrating and demoralizing; as far as I can tell, neither side has malicious intent, yet people on both sides seem to feel that the other has some sort of evil hidden agenda, and is intentionally telling lies.

That's all I'm going to say about that in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment