Thursday, October 11, 2012

New phone, and vacation!

So I finally got my Galaxy S3 the other day.  I'd been holding out because as soon as I ordered it I'd lose my unlimited data plan; Verizon is evil, and my previous contract expired five days after the cutoff date they set for people to renew and keep unlimited data.  (mutter, grumble)

I like the phone so far; my only gripes are that its rounded corners make it easy to slip out of my hand, and that you can't mount it as a USB drive for file transfer.  I'll solve the first problem with a rubberized skin, but the second apparently has no solution unless I put an entire custom ROM on the phone, which I'm not ready to do just yet.  It does mount as either a camera or a media player, so you can transfer files, it's just really, really slow.  And it has this nice "feature" where you can still access the storage from the phone even while it's connected to the computer... just don't do it with a file manager app or you risk borking your filesystem.  I lost a ton of stuff that way, and had to re-transfer it.  Moral of the story: don't do anything with your phone while it's connected to your PC.

Oh, and I've got the next two weeks off for vacation.  The first week is actually furlough, so I'm contractually obligated to not even think about work.  I figure it'll take me that long just to unwind and decompress.  Then that second week will feel like an actual vacation.

See you on Monday the 29th...

No comments:

Post a Comment